I suggest you ...

Add Tracking Number On Orders

We should be able to add multiple tracking numbers for each orders, also have colored names for for example "Shipped" is yellow "Processing" green etc

192 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  OpenCart.comAdminOpenCart.com (Admin, OpenCart.com) responded  · 

Tracking / consignment handling can be done many different ways. We will review this option later and consider the options, ideally it would integrate with the shipping gateways API’s if possible.

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • KevinKevin commented  · 

Colour coding the admin\view\template\sale\order_list.tpl is fairly straight forward ; here's my solution:
        1) Add a php code block at the top of the file to define order status to css class:

<?php
        $arr_order_states = array(
        "quote request"=>'action-required',
        "quote confirmed"=>'action-required',
        "quote"=>'action-waiting', // light orange
        "pending"=>'action-inprogress'
        );
        ?>

2) define the CSS styles
        <style>
        .action-required{ background-color: lightcoral; color: black; } /* light red */
        .action-waiting{ background-color: #FFE4B3; color: black; } /* light orange */
        .action-inprogress{ background-color: lightgreen; color: black; } /* light green */
        </style>

3) add the relevant class to the status field:

<?php
        $action_class = ''; // set a default value
        foreach($arr_order_states as $key=>$val) {
        if(strcasecmp($key,$order['status']) == 0) {
        $action_class = $val;
        break;
        }
        }
        ?>
        <td class="text-left <?php echo $action_class; ?>"><?php echo $order['status']; ?></td>

Hope that helps!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Buy extensions who already do that.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I like to Idea of colour coding the Invoice status, but maybe this should be done in three colours, red, amber, green, and based on the number of days that the order has "not been actioned" or no notification email has been sent to the client. This way one can quickly pickup on items that have not been updated and uninformed customers tend to turn into difficult clients.

Feedback and Knowledge Base