I suggest you ...

Have a built-in import export tool

Every store has products, prices and clients. Easy ways to import and export them seems like a basic necessity

222 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JaapJaap commented  · 

Can't wait.
        I even build a new shop not with OC because of this.

• EcoEco commented  · 

yes please

• Anonymous commented  · 

And hey, how about an up-to-date manual? I was told to use 1.5 but, aside from the general layout of the backend, the instructions are little or no help.

And last (but not least) a search function on the OpenCart extensions website. No one has time to scroll through thousands of extensions to find one or two that might be of some use.

• Anonymous commented  · 

please, please, please WITH (1) sample export files with all fields already filled in so that we can see exactly how to enter our data (2) import of customers and orders for those transitioning from a different cart (3) error detection and reporting so that we can find an error, correct it and get on down the road.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Issue an import specification or include error-detection and reporting, so if there's a problem, I can figure out what it is and correct it. Extensions tend to just fail in silence.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Agreed, looking forward to seeing the result :)

• mhcwebdesignmhcwebdesign commented  · 

Well, we have released a free (GPLv3 licensed) Export./Import tool for OpenCart 2.x which supports multiple languages, export in smaller batches, and incremental imports (no more memory_limit issues!), amongst other things.

• TACTAC commented  · 

I am stunned this is still missing!

Feedback and Knowledge Base