or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • sunsys commented  · 

Just see this: Admin, OpenCart.com responded to this on 04th August 2015 and since then 6 opencart versions have been released and this was not implemented, this speaks for itself on the commitment of opencart to its extension sellers and not the users.
        versions released: 2.3.0.2, 2.3.0.1, 2.3.0.0, 2.2.0.0, 2.1.0.2, 2.1.0.1

• Tyler Benzing commented  · 

I came to suggest just this and it was the top post so awesome. @OpenCart.com I'm not sue if your new version feature is going to cover this but I wanted to take it a step further and suggest that there be a fully controllable interface for new/custom url aliased pages. So if somebody adds a totally independent and custom new page to their website they can easily add it's route and variables to seo urls without needing to modify seo_url.php. I know it's necessary but I feel dirty modifying core files even with something like VQmod/OCmod. It just feels hacky.

• Chris Serella commented  · 

Friendly urls are already available as part of the default installation, why the navigation system was not included in that already is beyond my comprehension.

Its now planned though so that's a good thing. I certainly don't believe this to be worthy of a needing a separate extension.

To my mind extensions should supply additional features not extend the reach of an existing feature.

• Anonymous commented  · 

this is basic stuff, it should be included asap

• Anonymous commented  · 

This should really be in the core and it is disappointing that it isn't already! Of course you can install an extension... but really.. I don't want to install hundreds of extensions with features that could easily be in the core.

• sunsys commented  · 

@php-coder is absolutely right, how did this idea get 286 votes is surprising, there are so many extn available to do this work in a jiffy. I don't like the look of the vote pattern. There are many more important improvements to be done in OC that are much more necessary than this idea. But then that's my view.

• php-coder commented  · 

The problem is - There are extensions available for doing this - Putting it in core will take away sales from those developers and thus from OpenCart

• Anonymous commented  · 

A great idea we really need this, this looks great rather then having index.php etc..

Feedback and Knowledge Base